FAQFind frequently asked questions & answers
HomeHome Information FAQ
|What do I have to do to submit an online application to ARIPO?|
|Join the membership on the Online Service System.
The ARIPO Admin will approve your membership.
You are ready to submit an application online.
|How can I join the membership?|
|Click the ‘Sign up’ link on the left side of the Online Service page
Move to the page where you can join the membership.
Make sure you have the image file of your ID and signature that you actually write by hand.
|Can I use the system right after joining the membership?|
|ARIPO will get your membership request once you complete the request.
The ARIPO Admin will approve your membership by sending an email (the one you provide at the time of submitting the request) saying that your request is approved.
Now you are ready to use the Online Service. In case that the request is denied, the ARIPO Admin also send you an email explaining why your request was denied.
|When joining the online membership, is it possible to get numerous IDs under one agent name?|
|- Yes, it is. In case that there are numerous IDs under one agent name, all users are able to see all the applications that were processed by the agent name (only for the applications that were registered in the past with the same agent name and the certain address of the agent).
- Be aware that you can only view any new applications that were submitted under your ID after getting your own ID.
|Do I need certain software to submit an application just like the EPO?|
|You do not need any special software to use the Online Service. All you need is the Internet in order to submit applications.|
|Security is extremely important when dealing with online applications. What’s your security system for online applications like?|
|There are 3 steps for security of documents and information when there are online applications: SSL, a password to log in for the Online Service, and the other password to submit applications. All these 3 will enable you to safely submit online applications.|
|What is the minimum specification of the Acrobat Reader in order to submit online applications?|
|Make sure to use the Acrobat Reader Version 8 or above. The ARIPO Online Service provides a button to download the Reader (On the left side of the Online Service page, go to INFORMATION > User Guide).|
|Which application forms do I have to use when submitting online applications?|
|In order to submit online applications, you have to use the forms that the Online Service provides. Go to INFORMATION > Forms (on the left side of the Online Service page) and download forms that you need. Refer to the file format that is available depending on the types of forms as follows:
New applications: only the PDF form that is provided on the Online Service is available.
Follow-up documents: Both the PDF form that is provided on the Online Service and regular PDF forms are available.
Attachments: MS Word and PDF files are available.
|I did download the application form from the Online Service, while I can’t see the content of the application form.|
|The downloaded document can't be functioning on the web browser. Please use the Adobe Reader to use the document.|
|Are there any limits for attachments of applications?|
|There are no limits for volume or numbers of attachments.|
|What do I do if I want to revisit the receipt of the received applications?|
|Go to E-SERVICE > My Docket > Filing History (on the left side of the Online Service page) to see the receipt of the received applications.|
|I’ve lost the Sign in Password.|
|If you lost the Sign in Password, the Online Service can issue you a temporary password so that you can sign in again. Click the hyperlink ‘Forget password?’ on the Sign in page of the Online Service, then the page will move to where you can reset the password by asking the ARIPO Admin a temporary password. Type the email ID that you used when joining the membership on the password reset page. A temporary password will be sent to the email. By using the temporary email, you should be able to sign in again and change the temporary password.|
|I can’t see information of a new application on the menu ‘File Inspection’.|
|You are able to check the detail information of new applications on the menu ‘File Inspection’ only after getting the application numbers by going through the verification stage by ARIPO.|
|I can’t see the content of the notification I selected.|
|This might be happening because the computer you use doesn’t have the PDF Viewer. Download the viewer that the Online Service provides the link of and try to view the notification again. If you still fail to see the notification, contact the ARIPO Admin. Go to INFORMATION > User Guide on the left side of the Online Service page to download the PDF Viewer.|
|The receipt of the received applications, notifications and journals are not appeared on the pop-ups.|
|This might be happening because pop-ups are blocked on the browser you use. Unto the blocking to allow pop-ups.|
|If you can’t find what you would like to know from the FAQ list, please contact the person below:
firstname.lastname@example.org (ARIPO Admin)
|Description and simple troubleshooting for possible errors while submitting online applications|
| - Please refer to the advice for online applications if you encounter any error messages as follows:
- You've typed the wrong IPR type. : The IPR type you selected and the IPR type you used at the time of submitting the application are not the same. Make sure you select the same IPR type.
- Name of the applicant(s) is missing from the application. : The applicant(s)’ name(s) is (are) missing. Input the name(s) and try to submit the application again.
- The Address of the applicant(s) is missing from the application. : The applicant(s)’ address is missing. Input the address and try to submit the application again.
- The name of the agent is missing on the application. : The agent(s)’ name(s) is (are) missing. Input the name(s) and try to submit the application again.
- The address of the agent is missing on the application. : The agent(s)’ address is missing. Input the address and try to submit the application again.
- The name(s) of the inventor(s) or the creator(s) is (are) missing on the application. : The name(s) of the inventor(s) or the creator(s) is (are) missing. Input the name(s) and try to submit the application again.
- The address(es) of the inventor(s) or the creator(s) is (are) missing on the application. : The address(es) of the inventor(s) or the creator(s) is (are) missing. Input the address(es) and try to submit the application again.
- The signature image on the application is missing. : The signature image on the application is missing. Attach the signature image and submit the application again.
- Not the latest Form. Please download the Form again. : Not the latest Form. Please download the Form again.
|What’s the difference between Quick Search and Advanced Search?|
|You want to use Quick Search to search any intellectual property information that are open and granted / registered by ARIPO, using simple keywords. Advanced Search allows you more search conditions including application numbers, grant / registration numbers, a variety of dates and NICE classes as well as simple keywords.|